Shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour
Shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour
3-DAY MARRAKESH TO FEZ DESERT TRIP: MINIMUM OF 2 TRAVELLERS PER BOOKING
Visitors to Morocco should ensure they take the opportunity to visit the major cities of Marrakesh and Fez and have these cities included in your Marrakech to Fes desert tour. We strongly recommend that you combine your Sahara Desert experience with the cities of Marrakesh and Fez – two of Morocco’s amazing cities.
Shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour highlights:
- Travel through the famous Tizi-n-Tichka Pass as we drive through the high Atlas Mountains;;
- Visit the fortified village of Air Ben Haddou, the location of many famous movies;
- Visit the cinema studios and the Kasbah of Taourirt in the city center;
- You’ll marvel at historical monuments and beautiful landscapes such as Roses Valley, Skoura, Boumalene Dades and El Kelaa des M’Gouna;
- We’ll pass through many Berber villages and together we’ll explore Todra Gorges and Tinjdad;
- In the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi, we’ll visit a Berber camp and you’ll get to experience riding a camel;
- On our journey to Fez, we’ll pass through fascinating places like Arfoud, Errachidia, Ziz Valley, Meditlt, Cedar Forests of Azrou, Ifrane.
Tour Itinerary for Shared Marrakesh to Fes Desert Trip
Day 1: 7-Hour Drive from Marrakesh to Dades
We’ll leave Marrakesh from your hotel or riad at 7:30 am and begin our shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour. After passing through the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass and the high Atlas Mountains we’ll be making several stops. We’ll pay a visit to UNESCO world heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, the unforgettable backdrop for many Hollywood blockbuster movies, then visit Sabah Taourirte in Ouarzazate before having a leisurely lunch. We’ll travel through the Valley of Roses on our way to Boumalne Dades, then eventually arrive at our welcoming boutique guest house, located in beautiful grounds in Dade’s Valley.
A sumptuous dinner and welcome overnight stay will leave us excited to begin day 2 of this amazing desert tour.
Day 2: 4-Hour Drive from Dade’s to Merzouga
After breakfast, we’ll begin day-2 of our journey by traveling to Tinghir Oasis via the road 1001 Kasbahs. What’s left of the fortified villages will leave you amazed. Many trading activities took place there. For instance, it hosted the trading caravans until the early 20th century. Tinghir was originally a military post during the French occupation. After that, you will deviate onto a secondary road to visit the Oasis. You’ll see locals farmers herding their goats. You will walk down to the stream and follow along until you arrive at Todgha Gorge. After that, you will have a delightful lunch at a café. Meanwhile, your driver will take you to the holiest town in Morocco, Rissani. The founder of the Alaouites is also buried here. Consequently, Rissani is renowned as the original starting point for trading caravans. While they were making their way to Tombouctou, across the desert.
We now have some rather rocky terrain to travel together on our way to Merzouga, where we meet up with our camel caravan. Now you’ll get to experience the most beautiful sunset as you enjoy a camel ride over Erg Chebbi sand dunes. After this amazing experience, we’ll return to our Berber desert camp, nestled in the dunes of the Sahara Desert.
Dinner will be a memorable affair; you’ll dine under the stars and you’ll marvel at your hosts as they entertain you with their drums throughout the night. Accordingly, you will wake up feeling like a desert king.
Day 3: 8-Hour Drive from Merzouga to Fez
We’ll start the day with a camel trek to watch an unbelievable sunrise. Then, return to enjoy breakfast at our Lodge in Merzouga. You’ll have time to freshen up before farewelling the members of your group who are leaving to return to Marrakesh. It’s now time to meet the driver who will escort you to Fez, and you’ll join a group of travelers (maximum of six) as you leave for the long drive to Fez. Your journey will take you through Ziz Valley to the capital of the Tafilalt region, Errachidia.
You will enjoy a delightful lunch. Then, you’ll continue your trip across the Middle Atlas Mountains. We’ll travel through Berber towns, and we’ll arrive at Fez after driving through the Cedar forests of Imouzzar and Ifran.
Finally, your driver will complete your shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour by dropping you off at your Riad or hotel of choice in Fez.
What you should expect on your shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour:
- You’ll travel in our modern air-conditioned minibus with no more than 17 passengers for the first and second days and no more than six passengers on the third day;
- You’ll travel with one of our knowledgeable English/French speaking drivers;
- Dinner and breakfast are included in your first night at the hotel Kasbah Dades;
- You get to experience camel trekking in the sand dunes at Erg Chebbi;
- Dinner and breakfast are included in your overnight stay at our Sahara Desert camp in Erg Chebbi;
- Your driver will set you down at your location of choice in Fez.
What’s Not Included in Your Trip:
- Lunches and beverages on the way;
- Personal expenses;
- Optional local guide at Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (2 Euros per person).
Packing for Your Marrakech to Fes desert tour:
- Trousers or jeans for camel trekking (skirts and shorts are not recommended);
- Warm clothes during the winter season;
- Sunscreen and hat;
- Camera and phone chargers.