Ourika Valley day trip from Marrakech
Shared Day trip to Ourika Valley from Marrakech
DEPARTING FROM MARRAKESH TO OURIKA VALLEY:
How does a day tour to see the Atlas Mountains and explore the Berber countryside sound? Perfect! This Ourika Valley day trip from Marrakech tour is one of our more popular excursions. Together, we’ll explore the Atlas Mountains and follow the Berber trails of Morocco. Also, we’ll visit some Berber villages. As well as some very interesting markets. And we’ll hike the western slopes of the High Atlas Mountains. However, you’ll definitely need something to capture the moment. So, we recommend that you bring a camera with you. Generally, this trip is downright breathtaking. Particularly the rugged mountains that you’ll get to see.
Shared Day trip to Ourika Valley from Marrakech highlight:
Here are some of the highlights of our shared budget one Ourika Valley day trip from Marrakech.
- Your day tour begins at 9.00am as we start our excursion across the Houz Plains. First, we’ll make a stop at the local ladies’ Argan Oil cooperative and we’ll watch how they extract this ‘liquid gold’ and turn it into luxurious cosmetic products.
- We’ll then head to Tnine Ourika, which is one of the largest Berber Souks in the region. Incidentally, the Ourika Valley villagers come here to trade and purchase goods.
- Next, we’ll follow the river to the Berber village known as Setti Fatwa, a beautiful reprieve for the locals from the intense summer heat. If you’re interested in exploring further on foot, you may be interested in hiring a local hiking guide to take you to see some fantastic scenery, like amazing cascades and fabulous scenery. If hiking is not your style, that’s okay too; simply relax at one of the local cafés on the river bank and enjoy the peacefulness of cool, running water whilst admiring the backdrop of the High Atlas Mountains. Make sure you have your camera with you because you’ll need proof to show your family and friends when you return home. The scenery in this region is beautiful. As a result, it leaves everyone in beautiful awe.
Most of the local cafes will serve a light lunch, and they accommodate all budgets.
- After a leisurely lunch, we’ll start heading back to Marrakech, and your day-tour will end when your guide drops you off at your hotel or in Jammaa Elfna Square.
What to expect on your day tour from Marrakech to Ourika Valley:
- Our experienced English-speaking guide will pick you up from your Marrakech hotel or riad in our modern air-conditioned minibus. No more than 6 passengers will be part of this tour.
- Your tour will end when our driver delivers you back to city-center of Marrakesh or your hotel.
What not to expect on your day tour Ourika Valley from Marrakech :
- Lunch is not included
- Hiring a local trekking guide is optional
Fact Sheet on Your Trip from Marrakech to Ourika Valley :
- This trip operates daily;
- Pick-up time from your hotel or riad is 7 am;
- You’ll be returned to your accommodation by 7 pm at the latest
Timetable, for Your Marrakech Excursion to Ourika Valley:
- 9 am: Your local English-speaking guide will pick you up from your Marrakech riad or hotel;
- 10 am: We’ll visit the local Berber market at Tnine Ourika;
- 11 am: We arrive at Setti Fatma, a beautiful scenic location for lunch by the river. Many tourists enjoy hiking here to see the seven waterfalls.
- 4 pm: We’ll begin our drive back to Marrakech;
- 5 pm: Your Ourika Valley day trip from Marrakech will end.