Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech
4 days Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech
PRIVATE 4-DAY SAHARA DESERT TOUR TO ZAGORA AND MERZOUGA
Our private 4 day Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga sand dunes and Zagora is the perfect opportunity for travellers to explore the majestic Sahara Desert. You’ll follow the path of the ancient camel caravans as you travel through the beautiful Draa Valley with its oases surrounded by fortified Kasbahs and thousands of date palm trees. You’ll cross the massif of volcanic origin, the Anti-Atlas Mountains, with its highest summit ranging at 3,304 metres. You’ll experience riding like a nomad as you become part of a camel trek in the Erg Chebbi sand dunes, the Valley of Roses, and you’ll travel the route of 1001 Kasbahs. And perhaps best of all, you’ll visit the simply magnificent Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddow!
4 days Morocco desert tour from Marrakech highlight:
Here are some of the highlights of your Private 4-Day Sahara Desert Tour from Marrakesh to Zagora and Merzouga.
- We’ll begin our journey crossing the High Atlas Mountains via the Tizi-n-Tichka pass;
- Interested in architecture? Then check this out! We’ll be exploring the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, perhaps the best example of southern Morocco’s architecture;
- We’ll visit the Valley of Roses in Kalaat Mgouna, world famous for its annual Festival of Roses in May;
- We’ll travel the road of 1000 Kasbahs and visit the Dades Gorge;
- We’ll check out Monkey Toes, an unbelievable rock formation;
- We’ll travel through Draa Valley and marvel at the amazing scenery as we pass Berber villages with traditional buildings;
- Together we’ll enjoy the spectacular views of Saghro Massif;
- We’ll enjoy a camel trek in the Erg Chebbi sand dunes;
- We’ll have an unforgettable overnight stay in a traditional desert camp in Merzouga.
Tour Itinerary for Private 4-Day Marrakesh Desert Tour to Zagora and Merzouga
Day 1: 6-Hour Drive from Marrakesh to Zagora
Your Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora and Merzouga begins when our English-speaking guide meets you at your riad or hotel for a 7:30am start. We’ll start our tour by winding our way through the Atlas Mountains via the Tizi-N-Tichka Pass. You may be interested to know that this Pass rises to a massive 2260 meters above sea level, which probably explains the magnificent views! Time to get the cameras out! We’ll make plenty of stops along the way for you to enjoy and photograph the unbelievable scenery. On arrival at Ouarzazate we’ll visit Taourirte Kasbah where we’ll enjoy a leisurely lunch, and from here we’ll continue on our journey to Zagora.
You’ll marvel at the huge oasis at the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, which is a run-off from the Draa River. And if you’re interested in graffiti, you’ll be fascinated at the graffiti on the rocks at Tinzoulineto. As we travel along you’ll notice the henna plantations, fields of corn, vegetables, and barley, and you can’t help but be impressed by the huge palm groves which provide welcome shade to the Kasbahs and Ksours.
Our evening meal and overnight accommodation will be in Zagora.
Day 2: 6-Hour Drive from Zagora to Merzouga
Our second day of travel will see us crossing the volcanic peaks of the anti-Atlas Mountains as we drive south-east across amazing landscapes and past beautiful oases located seemingly in the middle of nowhere. We’ll rest at the Oasis of Alnif and enjoy a leisurely lunch before heading off for Merzouga via Erg Chebbi where we’ll meet up with our camel caravan. We’ll be spending the night at our hidden Sahara Desert camp, and we’ll begin this exciting part of the tour by taking a camel trek across the Erg Chebbi sand dunes to witness what many say is the most beautiful sunset one will ever experience. Again, make sure you have your camera handy because the sunset over the ever-changing sand dunes of Erg Chebbi is a sight to behold. The evening has just begun, because you’re about to enjoy a delicious Moroccan dinner by the campsite, under the stars, where local nomads will entertain you with the music of their drums. The clear starry sky with magnificent star constellations will have you reaching for your camera again, because this is a scene you won’t experience anywhere else.
Day 3: 6-Hour Drive from Merzouga to Dades
After an unforgettable breakfast at our secluded Sahara Desert camp, we’ll travel along the 1001 Kasbahs, past oases, rivers, and fortified Kasbahs until we reach Tinghir. Before having lunch, we’ll visit a beautiful oasis and walk along the banks of the Todgha River until we reach Todgha Canyon, where we’ll rest for lunch.
After lunch we’ll travel through Dades Valley, past some Berber villages and fortified Kasbahs, and we’ll watch a beautiful sunset at Dades Gorge, then head back to our hotel. Time to enjoy a delicious evening meal and settle in for the evening, ready for 4 days Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech.
Day 4: 6-Hour Drive from Dades to Marrakech
Following a leisurely breakfast, we’ll follow the Valley of the Roses to KalaaMegouna where we’ll visit the rose-water ladies’ cooperative and learn how the local people manufacturer rose-water perfumes. From here we’ll head to one of the biggest oases in the south, Skoura Oasis, then if time permits we’ll visit one of the Kasbahs before moving on to Ouarzazate where we’ll enjoy a leisurely lunch.
In the afternoon we’ll travel via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass on our way back to Marrakesh, and your 4 day desert tour will end with your guide returning you to your Marrakesh hotel or riad.
What’s Included in Your Tour:
- Your English-speaking guide will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakesh;
- You’ll travel in comfort in our modern air-conditioned van or 4×4;
- The first night of your tour will be spent in a private air-conditioned ensuite room at the Hotel La Fibule de Draa. Your evening meal and breakfast are included in your tour;
- We’ll go camel trekking together and enjoy a beautiful sunset over Erg Chebbi sand dunes;
- Your overnight stay at our secluded Sahara Desert camp in Erg Chebbi will be in a private tent, with guests sharing a bathroom. Showers are available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge.Your evening meal and breakfast are included in your tour. Please note that you can upgrade to a deluxe camp with a private ensuite for an additional cost of €70 per person; however, this request should be made at the time of booking.
- We’ll camel trek together to enjoy a glorious sunrise over Erg Chebbi sand dunes;
- The third night of your desert tour will be spent in a private air-conditioned ensuite room at the Hotel Babylon or Auberge Panorama. Please note that your evening meal and breakfast are included in your tour;
- Your private 4-Day Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora and Merzouga will end when your driver delivers you to your riad or Marrakesh hotel.
4 days Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech price per person:
|2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8-9 pax||10-17 pax|
|€ 399||€ 299||€ 249||€ 219||€ 199||€ 195||€ 189||€ 175|