Marrakech 3 days desert tour
Shared 3 days Marrakech desert tour to Merzouga
DEPARTING FROM MARRAKECH: SHARED BUDGET 3-DAY DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA
Marrakech 3 days desert tour departs daily from Marrakech and is our most popular desert tour. This tour has been designed for the traveler eager to explore deep into the Morocco Sahara Desert and who don’t mind driving long hours. You will have an amazing time touring the Desert and Merzouga, you will definitely not feel a drop of boredom. The landscape changes dramatically. Beginning with the fertile Haouz planes of Marrakesh and the high Atlas Mountains, to oases and valleys, then to the rocky plateaus and the unbelievable Erg Chebbi sand dunes. Just make sure you bring your camera because you’ll see sites you’ve never seen before; sites you simply couldn’t imagine in your wildest dreams!
Here are some of the highlights of our Marrakesh desert tour to Merzouga:
- We’ll cross the high Atlas Mountains through the simply magnificent Tizi-n-Tichka Pass;
- Be amazed as we visit the Berber village of Ait Ben Haddow, renowned for the part it played in the famous HBO series Game of Thrones and the backdrop it provided for big-screen movies like Gladiator;
- We’ll pass through Ouarzazate in Rose Valley, renowned for its annual Festival of Roses, and we’ll visit Dades Valley and Todra Valley;
- Then we’re going on a camel ride to see the most memorable sunrise and sunset you’ll ever experience;
- We’ll spend a memorable night under Berber tents, listening to local nomads serenade us with their traditional music;
- In the city of Ouarzazate, we’ll pass through Atlas Film Studios and visit a Kasbah.
Tour Itinerary for Shared Marrakesh to Merzouga Desert Trip
Day 1: 6-Hour Drive from Marrakesh to Boumalne Dades
We’ll start our Marrakech 3 days desert tour in the early hours of the morning. After that you will leave for Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou at 7:30 am. You will make your way through Tizi-n-Tichka Pass and the high Atlas Mountains. During which you’ll make several stops. One is to visit UNESCO world heritage listed Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. You will visit the Kasbah that is renowned for the part it played in a number of Hollywood blockbuster movies. After that, in the morning, we’ll take a leisurely tour Of Kasbah Taourirte, then continue on to Ouarzazate. As the day progresses You will enjoy your drive through Boulmane Dades. Before arriving at your destination for the day – your hotel in Dade’s Valley.
Day 2: 4-Hour Drive from Boumalne to Merzouga
After enjoying a leisurely breakfast in your Dades hotel, we’ll travel the road of 1001 Kasbahs to the Oasis of Tinghir, then deviate to a lesser road where we’ll follow the river to Todgha canyons and spend time taking in the breathtaking scenery and immense cliffs. After lunch in a local Café, we’ll continue on to Rissani, which has its own claims to fame. Firstly, it was the starting point for trading caravans when crossing the Sahara Desert to Tombouctou, and secondly, Rissani is world famous for its date markets.
Are you ready for a camel ride?
After traveling through some rocky desert landscape we’ll continue on with our trip to Merzouga by meeting up with our camel caravan on the edge of Erg Chebbi dunes. Ready for a camel ride? You’ll marvel at the color-changing sand dunes as we ride our camels into the setting sun. What an amazing experience!
We’ll arrive at our Sahara Desert camp just on dusk, and welcome it as it pops up seemingly in the middle of nowhere. At this point, you should be ready for a feast. You will enjoy a Moroccan dinner. Also, you will sit next to a cozy bonfire. You’ll be in awe of the sand dunes and surrounding landscape. Then, after dinner, local nomads will treat you to a drum concert. Remember to take lots of photos because, when you return home, you’ll wonder if your trip to Merzouga was just a dream after all!
Day 3: 9-Hour Drive from Merzouga to Marrakesh
Following a sumptuous early breakfast, we’ll start our camel ride back to the main road to meet up with our driver, ready for our return to Ouarzazate. You will enjoy a leisurely lunch. After that, you will head towards Marrakech. Your memorable Marrakech 3 days desert tour will come to an end at around 7.00pm in Marrakesh.
What’s Included in Your Marrakech 3 days desert tour:
- You’ll be collected from your Marrakesh hotel/Riad at the beginning of your tour, or alternatively, we’ll pick you up from the closest access point to your accommodation;
- You’ll travel in our modern air-conditioned minibus with our English/French speaking driver. Your desert tour will consist of no more than 17 passengers:
- Your first nights’ accommodation at the hotel in Dades Valley includes your evening meal and breakfast;
- In addition to your camel trekking adventure, your second nights’ accommodation at our hidden desert camp at Erg Chebbi includes your evening meal and breakfast.
What’s not Included in Your Marrakech 3 days desert tour:
- Lunches and beverages;
- Personal expenses;
- Local guide at Kasbah Air Ben Haddow, which is optional.
WHAT TO PACK FOR MARRAKECH 3 DAYS DESERT TRIP :
We suggest that you pack these following items for your Marrakech 3 days desert trip:
- Warm clothes in the winter season;
- Trousers or jeans for camel trekking (shorts and skirts are not recommended);
- Phone and camera chargers;
- Hat and sunscreen;