shared 3 days marrakech desert tour to merzouga
DEPARTING FROM MARRAKECH: SHARED BUDGET 3-DAY DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA
This tour departs daily from Marrakech and is our most popular desert tour. This tour has been designed for the traveller eager to explore deep into the Morocco Sahara Desert and who doesn’t mind driving long hours. This truly is a magnificent trip! The scenery is amazing and unforgettable, and you’ll never be bored. The landscape changes dramatically, beginning with the fertile Haouz planes of Marrakesh and the high Atlas Mountains, to oases and valleys, then to the rocky plateaus and the unbelievable Erg Chebbi sand dunes. Just make sure you bring your camera because you’ll see sites you’ve never seen before; sites you simply couldn’t imagine in your wildest dreams!
Here are some of the highlights of our Marrakesh desert tour to Merzouga:
- We’ll cross the high Atlas Mountains through the simply magnificent Tizi-n-Tichka Pass;
- Be amazed as we visit the Berber village of AIT Ben Haddow, renowned for the part it played in the famous HBO series Game of Thrones and the backdrop it provided for big screen movies like Gladiator;
- We’ll pass through Ouarzazate in Rose Valley, renowned for its annual Festival of Roses, and we’ll visit Dades Valley and Todra Valley;
- Then we’re going on a camel ride to see the most memorable sunrise and sunset you’ll ever experience;
- We’ll spend a memorable night under Berber tents, listening to local nomads serenade us with their traditional music;
- In the city of Ouarzazate we’ll visit Atlas Film Studios, and a Kasbah.
Precio por persona: 89,00 Euros95
Sin cargos ocultos o de cualquier tipo. ¡Usted paga 89,00 Euros solamente!
Tarifa de temporada alta de € 95 se aplicará (octubre, abril, Navidad y año nuevo)
Tour Itinerary for Shared Marrakesh to Merzouga Desert Trip
Day 1: 6-Hour Drive from Marrakesh to Boumalne Dades
We’ll start our Marrakesh to Merzouga shared 3-day budget desert trip in the early hours of the morning, leaving for Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou at 7:30am. As we make our way through Tizi-n-Tichka Pass and the high Atlas Mountains we’ll make several stops, one being to visit UNESCO world heritage listed Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. This Kasbah is renowned for the part it played in a number of Hollywood blockbuster movies. Still in the morning, we’ll take a leisurely tour Of Kasbah Taourirte, then continue on to Ouarzazate. As the day progresses we’ll drive through the Valley of Roses to Boumalne Dades, before arriving at our destination for the day – your hotel in Dade’s Valley.
Day 2: 4-Hour Drive from Boumalne to Merzouga
After enjoying a leisurely breakfast in your Dades hotel, we’ll travel the road of 1001 Kasbahs to the Oasis of Tighir, then deviate to a lesser road where we’ll follow the river to Todgha canyons and spend time taking in the breathtaking scenery and immense cliffs. After lunch in a local Café we’ll continue on to Rissani, which has its own claims to fame. Firstly, it was the starting point for trading caravans when crossing the Sahara Desert to Tomboctou, and secondly, Rissani is world famous for its date markets.
After travelling through some rocky desert landscape we’ll continue on with our trip to Merzouga by meeting up with our camel caravan on the edge of Erg Chebbi dunes. Ready for a camel ride? You’ll marvel at the colour-changing sand dunes as we ride our camels into the setting sun. What an amazing experience!
We’ll arrive at our Sahara Desert camp just on dusk, and welcome it as it pops up seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Now, be prepared for a feast, because you’ll be treated to a Moroccan dinner, served next to a campfire under a beautiful starlit sky. You’ll be in awe of the sand dunes and surrounding landscape. Then, after dinner, local nomads will treat you to a drum concert. Remember to take lots of photos because, when you return home, you’ll wonder if your trip to Merzouga was just a dream after all!
Please Note: Should you wish your overnight stay to be a little more private, in your own tent with modern bedding, and to then use a private room at the Lodge to freshen up the following day in Merzouga, an additional payment of €10.00 per person is required.
Day 3: 9-Hour Drive from Merzouga to Marrakesh
Following a sumptuous early breakfast, we’ll start our camel ride back to the main road to meet up with our driver, ready for our return to Ouarzazate. A leisurely stop for lunch will be followed by our journey through the high Atlas Mountains back to Marrakesh. Your memorable shared budget 3-day desert tour from Marrakesh to Merzouga will come to an end at around 7.00pm in Marrakesh.
What’s Included in Your Tour:
- You’ll be collected from your Marrakesh hotel/Riad at the beginning of your tour, or alternatively, we’ll pick you up from the closest accessible point to your accommodation;
- You’ll travel in our modern air-conditioned minibus with our English/French speaking driver. Your desert tour will consist of no more than 17 passengers:
- Your first nights accommodation at the hotel in Dades Valley includes your evening meal and breakfast;
- In addition to your camel trekking adventure, your second nights accommodation at our hidden desert camp at Erg Chebbi includes your evening meal and breakfast.
NOT INCLUDED :
- Lunches and beverages;
- Personal expenses;
- Local guide at Kasbah Air Ben Haddow, which is optional.
WHAT TO PACK FOR THE TOUR :
Our suggestions for packing for your Marrakesh desert tour to Merzouga include, but are not limited to, the following items
- Warm clothes in the winter season;
- Trousers or jeans for camel trekking (shorts and skirts are not recommended);
- Phone and camera chargers;
- Hat and sunscreen;