Marrakech 2 Days Desert Tour
Shared 2 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech To Zagora
Would you love the opportunity to explore the Morocco Sahara Desert but you’re short on time? We have the perfect solution for you! Why not book our 2 days budget desert tour from Marrakesh to Zagora?
Our marrakech 2 days desert tour is a budget tour of no more than 20 like-minded travellers, all seeking the same travel excitement. Here are some of the highlights of our 2-Day Zagora budget shared desert tour from Marrakech.
We have been in the desert touring business since 1992, and we like to think that during that time we gathered enough experience to know what kind of tours to make. And this one is for you short-on time people, yes we do think of you. This Marrakech 2 days desert tour will allow you to spend the most amazing time of your life.
You might be saying But dear Marrakech desert trip, we’ll spend a good amount of time driving, Yes, that’s true. But like we said, it’s the most amazing time you’ll spend. The road alone is an enough excuse to take you your camera and capture some gorgeous scenery, such as the Tizi-n-Tichka pass and the breathtaking berber villages you’ll be passing, and we guarantee that during our Marrakech 2 days desert tour you’ll find a whole lot of excuses for you to take your camera out.
Two days zagora shared desert tours from Marrakech highlights:
- Crossing the High Atlas Mountains through the Tizi-n-Tichka pass;
- Visit the Berber village of Ait Ben Haddou, famous for the HBO series Game of Thrones and exciting movies similarly The Gladiator;
- Passing through Dades Valley, Todra Valley, and Ouarzazate in Rose Valley – renowned for its annual Festival of Roses;
- Having a memorable overnight stay on Zagora dunes at a Berber desert camp;
- We’ll ride camels and experience an unbelievable sunrise and sunset;
- With us you will spend a night at a Berber campsite and listen to the local nomads playing their traditional music;
- We’ll visit a Kasbah in the city of Ouarzazate and check out Atlas Film Studios.
- Enjoy to ride on camel and see the sunrise and sunset.
- Spend the night under Berber bivouacs with traditional music from local nomads
- Visit Atlas Film Studios and a Kasbah (fortress) located in the city of Ouarzazate
Marrakech to Zagora Tour itinerary
Day 1: Marrakech – Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou – Zagora (7-Hour Drive)
First of all your shared Marrakech 2 days desert tour will depart from Marrakesh at 7.00am, travelling to Zagora through Tizi-n-Tichka . Your day will include travelling through various adobe Berber villages where local goat herding will be just one of the sites you’ll see. On arrival at Kasbah Air Ben Haddou you’ll have plenty of free time to explore the UNESCO world heritage village, which has been used as a backdrop for a variety of modelling and commercial photo shoots, as well as a set for some of the most memorable biblical epic movies.
Please Note: Should you wish to join the group on a guided tour you will be asked to pay your local guide an extra fee of €2.00 per person. From here we’ll continue on to Ouarzazate where we’ll enjoy a leisurely lunch. In the early afternoon we’ll cross the North-Eastern side of the Anti-Atlas Mountains and visit the Oasis of Agdz.
After a brief stop at the village centre, be prepared to experience some unbelievable scenery whilst driving along Draa Valley: you’ll see fortified Kasbahs and hundreds of thousands of Date Palms dotted around oases. Incidentally, Morocco’s largest Palm tree plantation can be found in Draa Valley! We’ll arrive at Zagora desert late in the afternoon and meet up with the camel caravans.
Now it’s time for the real fun to begin, because we commence our camel tracking adventure through the sand dunes: it’s here that you’ll experience the most memorable sunset of your life! At dusk we’ll arrive at our hidden Berber desert campsite, hidden comfortably in the sand dunes, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.An unforgettable evening meal will be enjoyed under the clear, starlit skies and you’ll be entertained by local Berber drummers. Simply relax under clear desert skies and enjoy the mysterious silence of the desert, or perhaps join in on a lesson on star constellations.
Day 2: From Zagora to Ouarzazate, Then Back to Marrakesh
Watching the rising sun at the break of dawn will be an experience you’ll never forget. Your camp hosts will ensure you rise early enough to experience sunrise and enjoy a beautiful breakfast. Then, back onto our camels to meet with our guide on the road ready for our departure to Ouarzazate.
We’ll pay a visit to Taourirt Kasbah and enjoy a leisurely lunch at a local Café, after which we’ll head back to Marrakesh crossing the high Atlas Mountains. Your shared budget Marrakech 2 days desert tour to Zagora will end at around 6.00pm during the summer months and 7:00 pm during the winter months at the large public square in Marrakech known as Jemaa el-Fnaa Square.
What’s Included in Your Tour:
- Complimentary pickup from your hotel (Riad) on the first day of your tour (or the nearest accessible pick-up point);
- You’ll travel with an English/French speaking driver or guide in our air-conditioned deluxe minibus;
- Camel trekking;
- An overnight stay at our desert camp at Zagora dunes, including breakfast.
What’s not Included in Your Tour:
- Lunches and beverages;
- Local guide at Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (optional);
- Personal expenses.
Packing for Your Tour :
Our suggestions for packing for your Marrakech 2 days desert tour to Zagora include, but are not limited to, the following items
- Warm clothes if travelling in winter;
- Trousers or jeans for camel trekking (shorts and skirts are not recommended);
- Phone and camera chargers
- Hat and sunscreen.