Fes to Marrakech desert tour – 3 days
Fes to Marrakech desert tour – 3 days
3-DAY PRIVATE TAILOR-MADE DESERT TOUR FROM FEZ TO MARRAKESH
We have many, many customers staying in Fez who wish to travel to Morocco and who prefer to take the scenic route by booking our 3 to 4-day Sahara Desert tour from Fez to Marrakesh. So, we created this tailor-made Fez to Marrakesh desert tour to suit these travellers.
Here are some of the highlights of your 3-Day Desert Tour from Fez to Marrakesh:
- Our tour will begin by crossing the plains of Saiss and heading towards the Cedar forests of the Middle Atlas Mountains;
- We’ll travel past Ifrane, Azrou, and Midelt; and see fortified Kasbahs and thousands of sky-scraping palm trees as we journey along the Ziz River;
- Together we’ll watch a beautiful sunset over Erg Chebbi sand dunes, and we’ll enjoy a camel trek and ride like nomads;
- We’ll spend an unforgettable night at our secluded Sahara Desert camp, then visit the Oasis of Tinghir;
- We’ll wander along the banks of the Todgha River; we’ll learn about the lifestyle of the local nomads, and we’ll visit Berber villages;
- We’ll explore the magnificent Todgha canyons, and we’ll visit the Dades Gorge, the Shoura Oasis, and the Ourzazat Kasbah Taourirt;
- Together we’ll visit the UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou;
- We’ll travel through the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass as we cross the High Atlas Mountains.
Stop at Unesco world heritage site of Kasbah and Ait ben haddou.
Cross the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi n’Tichka pass
Tour Itinerary for Your 3-Day Fez to Marrakesh Desert Tour
Day 1: 8-Hour Drive from Fez to Merzouga
On the first day of your 3-day Fez to Marrakesh desert tour your English-speaking guide will collect you at 7am in winter or 8am in summer at your riad or hotel in Fez. We’ll start our tour by crossing the plains of Saiss and head to the Cedar forests of the Middle Atlas Mountains, passing Ifran, Azrou, and Midelt, where we’ll stop and enjoy a leisurely lunch. We’ll continue our journey driving past fortified Kasbahs and thousands of sky-scraping palm trees as we cross the River Ziz and head to Erfoud, Merzouga, and then to Erg Chebbi.
It’s here at Erg Chebbi that we’ll meet up with our camel caravan, and you’ll enjoy riding a camel like nomads do, as you watch the most amazing sunset over Erg Chebbi sand dunes. After a leisurely camel ride back to our secluded Sahara Desert camp, you’ll have time to freshen up before enjoying a beautiful Moroccan dinner beside a campfire, under the stars, whilst being entertained by the local nomads as they serenade you with their drums. As you enjoy your comfortable overnight stay at our Sahara Desert camp you’ll be wondering what’s in store for you on day two of your Sahara Desert tour!
Day 2: 4-Hour Drive from Merzouga to Dades
On the second day of your tour you’ll visit the beautiful Oasis of Tinghir, and stroll beside the Todgha river bank. Together we’ll visit Berber villages and learn first-hand the lifestyle of the local inhabitants. From here we’ll travel to see the simply magnificent Todgha Canyons, which is where we’ll stop for lunch. The scenery you’ll see on our journey together is truly unbelievable, so please don’t forget to bring your camera! Before arriving at your boutique guest house, we’ll drive to Dade’s Valley, along the Kasbah road, where together we’ll visit one of the fortified Kasbahs.
Day 3: 7-Hour Drive from Dades to Marrakesh
After a leisurely breakfast we’ll drive along the Valley of Roses to KalaaMgouna to visit one of the Rose-water cooperatives, and you’ll see how locals use distilled rose-water to prepare rose scented perfumes. We’ll continue on our travels, passing through the Shoura Oasis on our way to Ouarzazate, and marvel at the Date palms as we continue on to our luncheon at Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. This Kasbah has been used as a movie set for many Hollywood blockbusters, and as a backdrop for numerous commercial and fashion shoots. It’s also a UNESCO World Heritage site. You’ll notice that, although appearing to be one single unit, the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou is actually a series of combined Kasbahs.
After a leisurely lunch we’ll begin our descent through the Atlas Mountains via the Tizi-n- Tichka Pass, and travel through a number of Berber villages where the homes are built from mud and stones. What we’ll notice here is that time has stood still, and life has changed very little, with most of the locals still spending their days as shepherds.
On arrival at Marrakesh your guide will take you to your hotel or riad, which will mark the end of your 3-day Fez to Marrakesh desert tour.
What’s Included in Your Tour:
- You will be escorted on your 3-day Fez to Marrakesh desert tour by an English-speaking guide, who will pick you up from your riad or Marrakesh hotel;
- The first night of your tour will be spent at the Hotel Babylon or Auberge Panorama, in a private air-conditioned room with ensuite. Please note that your evening meal and breakfast are included in your tour.
- A sunset camel trek in Erg Chebbi sand dunes is also included in your tour;
- Your overnight stay at our secluded Sahara Desert camp in Erg Chebbi will be in your own private accommodation, sharing bathroom facilities with other guests. Please note that your evening meal and breakfast are included in this tour. Showers are available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge. You may choose to upgrade your accommodation to a deluxe camp with a private ensuite for an additional cost of €70 per person; however, this should be done at the time of booking your tour;
- A sunrise camel trek is also included in your tour;
- The second night of your desert tour will include accommodation at the Hotel Babylon or Auberge Panorama in a private air-conditioned room with ensuite. Please note that your evening meal and breakfast are also included in this tour;
- At the completion of your tour, your driver will drop you off at your riad or Marrakesh hotel, or alternatively, at the closest accessible location.
Fes to Marrakech desert tour price per person:
|2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax||9 Pax||10-16 Pax|
|€ 365||€ 265||€ 215||€ 185||€ 170||€ 165||€ 155||€ 150||€ 139|