3 days desert tour from Marrakech
Marrakech to Merzouga 3 days desert tour to Merzouga
DEPARTING FROM MARRAKESH: 3-DAY PRIVATE DESERT TOUR TO MERZOUGA
Over the years, our 3 days desert tour from Marrakech has become extremely popular, perhaps because this trip provides the opportunity to discover and learn about the real deal: the Morocco Sahara Desert with its stunning oases, its unbelievable sand dunes, it’s Kasbah, and its rocky deserts. And that’s not all! You’ll enjoy camel trekking in the sand dunes and an overnight sleepover in our private Sahara Desert camp, nestled in a hideaway somewhere in the sand dunes.
Here are some of the highlights of our 3-Day private desert trip from Marrakesh to Merzouga:
- Leaving Marrakesh, we’ll travel through the High Atlas Mountains via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass;
- We’ll visit the Berber village of Ait Ben Haddou, renowned for providing the backdrop for the famous HBO series Game of Thrones and also serving as the location for many blockbuster movies, like Gladiator;
- We’ll explore the countryside as we pass through Ouarzazate in Rose Valley, world famous for its annual Festival of Roses, and we’ll travel through Todra and Dades Valleys;
- We’ll witness a glorious desert sunrise and sunset as we take a camel trek together;
- We’ll experience an overnight sleepover in Berber bivouacs, and enjoy a delicious meal whilst listening to traditional music played by local nomads;
- Towards the end of our trip we’ll visit a Kasbah and Atlas Film Studios, located in the city of Ouarzazate.
- Spend the night under Berber bivouacs with traditional music from local nomads.
- Visit Atlas Film Studios and a Kasbah (fortress) located in the city of Ouarzazate.
Tour Itinerary for Marrakesh Desert Tour to Merzouga
Day 1: 6-Hour Drive from Marrakesh to Boumalne Dades
This Private 3 days desert tour from Marrakech of a lifetime from Marrakesh to Merzouga will start in the early hours of the morning. We’ll leave Marrakesh at 7:30am and travel via Tizi-n-Tichka Pass through the High Atlas Mountains, stopping along the way wherever and whenever necessary. We know you’ll be fascinated by the UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddow, the scene of many Hollywood blockbuster movies, and we’ll visit Kasbah Taourirt, then carry on to Ourzazate. We’ll continue on through the Valley of Roses to Boumalne Dades, and arrive at our boutique guest house in Dade’s Valley. You’ll have an enjoyable evening meal and comfortable overnight accommodation, prior to departing for day two of our desert tour.
Day 2: 4-Hour Drive from Boumalne Dades to Merzouga
Following a leisurely breakfast, we’ll continue on with our journey to Tinghir via the 1001 Kasbah road, and it’s here that you’ll enjoy a leisurely stroll along the bank of the Todgha River. We’ll call in to Berber villages and Ksours, and complete our trek admiring the magnificent cliffs of Todgha Gorge. After a leisurely lunch in the gorge we’ll head off to Merzouga. At Erg Chebbi we’ll meet with our camel caravan where the road ends, and begin our camel trek over the sand dunes where you’ll experience what we believe will be the most amazing sunset of your life! We’ll then return to our Sahara Desert camp to rest, and you’ll dine as our guests under the stars. Your Moroccan dinner will be served next to the camp fire while local nomads entertain you with the music of their drums. Shooting stars and a crystal-clear constellation will complete a picture-perfect day.
You’ll enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at our secluded Sahara Desert camp, and start planning for day three of our Sahara Desert tour.
Day 3: 9-Hour Drive from Merzouga to Marrakesh
On our return trip to Marrakesh we’ll travel via Dade’s Valley in Ouarzazate where we’ll enjoy a leisurely lunch, then continue on back to Marrakesh via Tizi-n-Tichka Pass. Your 3-day desert tour from Marrakesh to Merzouga will be over when your driver takes you to your hotel or riad.
What’s Included in Your 3 days desert tour from Marrakech:
- You’ll travel in the comfort of our modern air-conditioned van or 4×4, which will be driven by our knowledgeable English-speaking guide;
- Your tour driver will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakesh;
- The first night of your 3 days desert tour from Marrakech will be spent at the Hotel Babylon or Auberge Panorama. You will have a private air-conditioned ensuite room, and your tour comes complete with dinner and breakfast;
- Camel trekking in the sunset in Erg Chebbi is also included in your tour;
- You’ll enjoy a private tent with shared bathroom during your overnight stay at our Sahara Desert camp in the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. In the morning you’ll enjoy warm showers at the camp operator’s lodge. Please note that your evening meal and breakfast are included in your tour. You may choose to upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite at an additional cost of €70 per person, and this should be done at the time of booking your tour;
- You’ll experience a sunset camel ride;
- On the completion of your tour, your driver will drop you off at your riad or Marrakesh hotel, or alternatively at the closest accessible location.
3 days desert tour from Marrakech price per person:
|2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8-10 Pax||11-13 Pax||14-17 Pax|
|€ 289||€ 215||€ 175||€ 155||€ 145||€ 139||€ 135||€ 115||€ 99|