2 days marrakech desert tour
DEPARTING FROM MARRAKESH: 2-DAY DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKESH TO ZAGORA
If time is of the essence and you yearn to explore the Sahara Desert, then this 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora will give you the perfect opportunity to glimpse just a little of the Morocco Sahara Desert for yourself. Yes, there will be some travelling to do (7-hours each way), but it will be well worthwhile.
Trekking across the desert.
The scenery is unbelievable, and we guarantee you’ll never be bored. We’ll go trekking together across the desert on camels and we’ll spend an unforgettable night under the stars at our secluded Sahara Desert camp.
Here are some of the highlights of our 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora:
- Our 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora will begin as we travel via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass through the High Atlas Mountains;
- Sharing the experience of visiting Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, the fortified village also known as a “ksar” with its simply amazing Kasbahs. This ksar has been used by movie producers as a backdrop for many blockbuster epics since the 1960s.
- Now we’ll continue our journey on to the Draa Valley, and you’ll be wowed by the extraordinary scenery of beautiful oases and thousands of palm trees;
- Time to go camel trekking! For many people this part of the trip is the highlight of their whole tour as they ride a camel through the Sahara Desert.
- You’ll be spending the night at our secluded, authentic Sahara Desert camp.
- You’ll sleep underneath the starry night sky, and wake up wondering if you’re dreaming!
- Together we’ll journey to the Berber town of Ouarzazate and we’ll explore the magnificently restored Taourirt Kasbah.
Tour Itinerary for 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora
Day 1: 7-Hour Drive from Marrakesh to Zagora
Your experienced local tour guide will pick you up from your Marrakesh hotel or riad at 7.30am in the morning ready to begin our 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora, via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass.
We’ll pass through many Berber villages on the way, and we’ll enjoy a visit to Kasbah Air Ben Haddou, a World Heritage-listed site which has been used as a backdrop for various Hollywood blockbuster movies such as Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator.
Take a great time in Ouarzazate.
We’ll stop for a leisurely lunch in Ouarzazate, then carry on with our tour past the Anti-Atlas Mountains and visit the Berber village of Agdez. Then we’ll also travel through Draa Valley and marvel at the thousands of Date Palms offering their welcome shade.
Enjoy camel trek over the sand dunes.
In the afternoon we’ll enjoy a camel trek together over the sand dunes and experience the most spectacular sunset of your life, before heading back on camel to our secluded Sahara Desert camp where we’ll enjoy a delicious Moroccan dinner while being entertained by local nomads serenading us with their drums.
Enjoy camel trek over the sand dunes.
We’ll enjoy a wonderful evening of fun and entertainment together under the clear, starry sky.
Day 2: Zagora to Ouarzazate to Marrakesh
After a leisurely and memorable Moroccan breakfast and another camel ride to experience sunrise over the sand dunes of Zagora, we’ll depart for Ouarzazate where we’ll visit Tifoultout Kasbah and rest for lunch. In the afternoon we’ll begin our journey back to Marrakesh, and your 2 days desert tour from Marrakech will be over when your guide takes you back to your hotel or riad in Marrakesh.
What’s Included in Your Tour:
- Your experienced, English-speaking guide will pick you up from your hotel or riad in Marrakech in our modern air-conditioned van or 4×4;
- Taking time with trekking over the sand dunes on the back of a camel to experience a magnificent sunset;
- Living a great adventure when you stay at our secluded Sahara Desert camp in Zagora will be in a private tent, at our secluded Sahara Desert camp in Zagora will be in a private tent, with shared showers and bathrooms.
- Please note that your evening meal and breakfast are included in this tour. If you prefer to upgrade to a deluxe camp with a private ensuite, an additional cost of €59 per person will apply. This request should be made at the time of booking your tour.
- Camel ride across the desert to witness a glorious sunrise included ;
- Our driver will deliver you back to your hotel in Fez, or alternatively, to the closest accessible location to your riad in Marrakesh .
2 days desert tour from Marrakech to zagora price per person:
|2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8-9Pax||10-17 Pax|
|€ 179||€ 139||€ 119||€ 99||€ 89||€ 85||€ 80||€ 70|