Ourika Valley day trip from Marrakech
Price per person
How does a day tour to see the Atlas Mountains and explore the Berber countryside sound? Perfect! This Ourika Valley day trip from Marrakech tour is one of our more popular excursions. Together, we’ll explore the Atlas Mountains and follow the Berber trails of Morocco. Also, we’ll visit some Berber villages. As well as some very interesting markets. And we’ll hike the western slopes of the High Atlas Mountains. However, you’ll definitely need something to capture the moment. So, we recommend that you bring a camera with you. Generally, this trip is downright breathtaking. Particularly the rugged mountains that you’ll get to see.
- Your day tour begins at 9.00am as we start our excursion across the Houz Plains. First, we’ll make a stop at the local ladies’ Argan Oil cooperative and we’ll watch how they extract this ‘liquid gold’ and turn it into luxurious cosmetic products.
- We’ll then head to Tnine Ourika, which is one of the largest Berber Souks in the region. Incidentally, the Ourika Valley villagers come here to trade and purchase goods.
- After a leisurely lunch, we’ll start heading back to Marrakech, and your day-tour will end when your guide drops you off at your hotel or in Jammaa Elfna Square.
We’ll follow the river to the Berber village known as Setti Fatwa, a beautiful reprieve for the locals from the intense summer heat. If you’re interested in exploring further on foot, you may be interested in hiring a local hiking guide to take you to see some fantastic scenery, like amazing cascades and fabulous scenery. If hiking is not your style, that’s okay too; simply relax at one of the local cafés on the river bank and enjoy the peacefulness of cool, running water whilst admiring the backdrop of the High Atlas Mountains. Make sure you have your camera with you because you’ll need proof to show your family and friends when you return home. The scenery in this region is beautiful. As a result, it leaves everyone in beautiful awe.
Most of the local cafes will serve a light lunch, and they accommodate all budgets
Good to know
What to expect on your tour :
- Our experienced English-speaking guide will pick you up from your Marrakech hotel or riad in our modern air-conditioned minibus. No more than 6 passengers will be part of this tour.
- Your tour will end when our driver delivers you back to city-center of Marrakesh or your hotel.
What not to expect on your tour :
- Lunch is not included
- Hiring a local trekking guide is optional
Fact Sheet on Your Trip :
- This trip operates daily;
- Pick-up time from your hotel or riad is 7 am;
- You’ll be returned to your accommodation by 7 pm at the latest
Timetable, for Your trip:
- 9 am: Your local English-speaking guide will pick you up from your Marrakech riad or hotel;
- 10 am: We’ll visit the local Berber market at Tnine Ourika;
- 11 am: We arrive at Setti Fatma, a beautiful scenic location for lunch by the river. Many tourists enjoy hiking here to see the seven waterfalls.
- 4 pm: We’ll begin our drive back to Marrakech;
- 5 pm: Your Ourika Valley day trip from Marrakech will end.
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Morocco. That will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. Entry fees are not charged.
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
- Not camels, we’ve got plenty.
- You may want to bring a pack to help you carry extra snacks and your bottled water. And, of course, a camera to make amazing moments immortal.
If you are to cancel your tour, your cancellation request must be written, either via fax or email.
In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund. A standard fee will apply, as it is clearly outlined on your receipt, and Signature Morocco must receive your original voucher before your refund applies.
The following scale of charges will be applied if you cancel your tour prior to the balance due date:
- More than 40 days : 10% deposit retains + transaction fee.
- More than 30 days: 25% of the total will be charged.
- More than 15 days: 50% of the total will be charged.
- More than 08 days: 75% of the total will be charged.
- 7 days or less : 100% of the total will be charged.
No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once Signature Morocco has received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.