Marrakech camel ride
DestinationThe palm grove
Imagine visiting Marrakech and not getting to ride a camel with Marrakech camel ride trip. Camels are unique and amazing animals, they’re patient, adorable, and quite majestic. In brief; the obvious choice for riding through the Moroccan desert. Spending a half day on a camel trek is not only the perfect introduction to Morocco, but it’s also an opportunity to experience a traditional mode of transport in Morocco.
Timetable, for Marrakech Camel Ride in the Palmeraie:
- 9.30am (or 2.30pm): Your English-speaking driver will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakech.
- 10 am (or 3 pm): We’ll arrive at the starting point for your camel trekking adventure. You’ll have ample time to take pictures and be briefed on safety rules.
- 10:15 am (or 3:15 pm): Your Marrakech camel trek will begin.
- 11:45 am (or 4:45 pm): Your trek will finish, and you’ll return to the camel’s base.
- 12 noon (or 5 pm): We’ll head back to your riad or hotel in Marrakech.
- 12.30pm (or 5.30pm): Your half day camel trek from Marrakech will be over.
If you need a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, especially in Jemaa-El-Fna, then why not complete your Marrakech camel ride trip? Adults and children alike love camel riding: riding these beautiful and gentle animals will take you back to the good old days when camel trekking was the main form of transportation in this region.
Marrakech camel ride trip is a half-day trip and it’s up to you to decide whether you prefer a morning or afternoon tour. Children under the age of eight years will typically ride with an adult. Your English-speaking driver will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakech and take you to meet with your camel caravan in Palmeraie.
Here, you can take your time getting to know the camels and take some photographs before selecting a camel to enjoy an hour-and-a-half trek under the shade of the palm grove. During a break, you’ll enjoy a cup of traditional mint tea in a Bedouin tent. Your camel ride excursion from Marrakech will be over when your driver drops you off at your Riad or hotel.
Good to know
Fact Sheet on Your Camel Trekking Excursion from Marrakech:
- This half-day excursion operates daily.
- Excursion times are either 9 am to 12 noon or 2 pm to 5 pm.
What you should expect on Your Half-Day Camel Ride from Marrakech:
- You’ll be picked up from your riad or hotel in Marrakech and taken to the Palmeraie
- Camel ride trek.
- You’ll be returned to your accommodation.
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Morocco. That will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. Entry fees are not charged.
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
La excursión a Zagora es para aquellos que visitan el país un par de días y no quieren perder la oportunidad de ver una vez las dunas, en Zagora las dunas son mucho más pequeñas que Merzouga pero no menos hermosas, las dos de ellos tienen la magia del desierto y la logística hasta que llegamos a Ouarzazate es lo mismo ya que es el mismo camino, en esta excursión la primera y única noche dormirás en el campamento del desierto de Zagora.
La excursión a Merzouga, ya que está más lejos que Zagora, se ofrece como una excursión de 3 días la primera noche es en Dades Georges y la segunda noche dormirás en el campamento de Merzouga.
Should you wish to cancel your trip please contact us as soon as possible and confirm your instructions in writing. In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund as follows:
- Free cancellation: for more than 21 days’ notice;
- 15% of the total amount: for between 11 and 20 days’ notice; and
- No refund for less than 10 days’ notice.
- No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once we have received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.