2-day Marrakech desert tour
Would you love the opportunity to explore the Morocco Sahara Desert but you’re short on time? We have the perfect solution for you! Why not book our 2 days budget desert tour from Marrakesh to Zagora? Our Marrakech 2 days desert tour is a budget tour of no more than 20 like-minded travelers, all seeking the same travel excitement. Here are some of the highlights of our 2-Day Zagora budget shared desert tour from Marrakech.
2 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech To Zagora
We have been in the desert touring business since 1992. That is to say that during that time we gathered enough experience to know what kind of tours to make. Certainly, this one is for you short-on time people. Yes, we do think of you. This Marrakech 2 days desert tour will allow you to spend the most amazing time of your life. Be ready to expect all sorts of surprises along the way. For instance, you will be visiting UNESCO world heritage sites. Additionally, you’ll also spend a memorable time driving along the amazing roads of Morocco.
You might be saying But dear Marrakech desert trip, we’ll spend a good amount of time driving. Indeed, that’s true. But like we said, it’s the most amazing time you’ll spend. The road alone is enough excuse to take you your camera and capture some gorgeous scenery, such as the Tizi-n-Tichka pass and the breathtaking Berber villages you’ll be passing, and we guarantee that during our Marrakech 2 days desert tour you’ll find a whole lot of excuses for you to take your camera out.
In conclusion, your Shared 2 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech to Zagora will be the journey of a lifetime. Similarly, you’ll feel the same way on every tour you’re on.
- Crossing the High Atlas Mountains through the Tizi-n-Tichka pass;
- Visit the Berber village of Ait Ben Haddou, famous for the HBO series Game of Thrones and exciting movies similarly The Gladiator
- Passing through Dades Valley, Todra Valley, and Ouarzazate in Rose Valley – renowned for its annual Festival of Roses;
- Having a memorable overnight stay on Zagora dunes at a Berber desert camp;
- We’ll ride camels and experience an unbelievable sunrise and sunset;
- With us you will spend a night at a Berber campsite and listen to the local nomads playing their traditional music;
- We’ll visit a Kasbah in the city of Ouarzazate and check out Atlas Film Studios.
- Enjoy to ride on a camel and see the Sunrise and Sunset.
- Spend the night under Berber Bivouacs with traditional music from local nomads.
- Visit Atlas Film Studios and a Kasbah (fortress) located in the city of Ouarzazate.
First of all your shared Marrakech 2 days desert tour will depart from Marrakesh at 7.00am. Traveling to Zagora through Tizi-n-Tichka. Your day will include traveling through various adobe Berber villages. Where local goat herding will be just one of the scenes you’ll see. You will indulge in numerous activities once you arrive at Kasbah Air Ben Haddou. Firstly, you’ll have plenty of free time to explore the UNESCO world heritage village. In addition to being used as a backdrop for a variety of modeling and commercial photo shoots, it also served as a set to some of the most memorable biblical epic movies.
Should you wish to join the group on a guided tour you will be asked to pay your local guide an extra fee of €2.00 per person. From here we’ll continue on to Ouarzazate where we’ll enjoy a leisurely lunch. In the early afternoon, we’ll cross the North-Eastern side of the Anti-Atlas Mountains and visit the Oasis of Agdz.
After a brief stop at the village center, you will experience some unbelievable scenery whilst driving along Draa Valley. You’ll see fortified Kasbahs and hundreds of thousands of Date Palms dotted around oases. Incidentally, Morocco’s largest Palm tree plantation can be found in Draa Valley! We’ll arrive at Zagora desert late in the afternoon and meet up with the camel caravans.
After that, it’s time for the real fun to begin. Here commences our camel tracking adventure through the sand dunes. It’s here that you’ll experience the most memorable sunset of your life! At dusk, we’ll arrive at our hidden Berber desert campsite. Hidden comfortably in the sand dunes, seemingly in the middle of nowhere. You will have an unforgettable meal and enjoy the starlit skies of the desert. Simply relax under clear desert skies and enjoy the mysterious silence of the desert, or perhaps join in on a lesson on star constellations.
Firstly, you will wake up and watch the rising sun and its gorgeous beaming shine, after that, you will have a delicious breakfast while enjoying the sunlight. Then, back onto our camels to meet with our guide on the road ready for our departure to Ouarzazate.
We’ll pay a visit to Taourirt Kasbah and enjoy a leisurely lunch at a local Café. After that, we’ll head back to Marrakesh crossing the high Atlas Mountains. Your shared budget Marrakech 2 days desert tour to Zagora will end at around 6:00pm during the summer. However, during the winter months your tour will end at around 7:00pm at the large public square in Marrakech known as Jemaa el-Fnaa Square.
Good to know
What you should Expect on Your Tour :
- Complimentary pickup from your hotel (Riad) on the first day of your tour (or the nearest accessible pick-up point);
- You’ll travel with an English/French speaking driver or guide in our air-conditioned deluxe minibus;
- Camel trekking;
- An overnight stay at our desert camp at Zagora dunes, including breakfast.
What’s not Included in Your Tour:
- Lunches and beverages;
- Local guide at Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (optional);
- Personal expenses
Packing for Your Tour :These are suggestions to what you need to pack for your Marrakech 2 days desert tour to Zagora.
- Warm clothes if traveling in winter;
- Trousers or jeans for camel trekking (shorts and skirts are not recommended);
- Phone and camera chargers
- Hat and sunscreen
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Moroc
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
- Not camels, we’ve got plenty.
- You may want to bring a pack to help you carry extra snacks and your bottled water. And, of course, a camera to make amazing moments immortal.
Should you wish to cancel your trip please contact us as soon as possible and confirm your instructions in writing. In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund as follows:
- Free cancellation: for more than 21 days’ notice;
- 15% of the total amount: for between 11 and 20 days’ notice; and
- No refund for less than 10 days’ notice.
- No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once we have received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.