Essaouira day trip from Marrakech
Price per person
Essaouira day trip from Marrakech is great value for money and it’s definitely one of the more popular tours. Essaouira, formerly known as Mogador, is located just a two-hour drive from Marrakesh. This city is widely considered one of the best anchorages on the Moroccan coast. Today, it’s a very popular destination for people wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.
- May you like to watch the local fishermen as they return to the port of Essaouira with their bounty.
- Visit the war-time fortress known as Skala Kasbah;
- If art galleries are your thing, then you’re in for a treat because you’ll find some amazing art galleries in Essaouira.
- Bring your camera and take a walk in the Medina of Essaouira. Navigating your way around Essaouira is very easy because alleys are often linear, and because they’re never far from the city wall it’s easy to find your way back to the main square.
- Shopping! There are plenty of souvenir shops to browse
- Concerning a seafood lunch. Try one of the harbor stalls or visit a local Café and enjoy a tasty seafood lunch.
- Take a stroll along the beach and watch local boys playing football
- What about sun-bathing at the 6km sand beach?
Your Essaouira day trip from Marrakech will begin as we travel from Marrakesh through the lush greenery of the Haouz Planes until we arrive at Chichaoua Village, where we’ll stop to rest and enjoy a welcome cup of coffee. We’ll then continue on to Sidi Mokhtar, crossing the Argan tree forest where we may catch a glimpse of goats climbing the trees. Afterward, we’ll visit the local ladies’ cooperative and watch how they extract the liquid gold, Argon oil, and produce beautiful cosmetic products.
Our customers tell us that the Essaouira day trip from Marrakech is one of their favorites, and many people love their Essaouira experience so much that they return over and over to enjoy this peaceful little town. You will not need a guide to explore Essaouira. Because the locals are so friendly and it’s almost impossible to get lost. The medina is quite small. When compared to other towns in Morocco. However, its streets are very orderly; however, if you prefer to have a guide, your driver will be very happy to assist in locating a local guide to show you around.
Driving back to Marrakesh later in the afternoon, and your day tour from Marrakech to Essaouira will be over when your driver drops you off at your Marrakesh riad or hotel, or alternatively, at the nearest accessible car point.
Good to know
What to expect on your Marrakesh to Essaouira Included:
- Our English-speaking driver will pick you up from your hotel or riad in Marrakesh.
- You’ll travel in comfort in our modern air-conditioned minibus, with no more than 6 passengers.
- The driver will drop you off at the Marrakesh city center or at your riad or hotel.
What Not to Expect on Your Trip from Marrakesh to Essaouira:
- Lunch is not included.
- Optional local guide in Essaouira.
Fact Sheet for Your Day Trip from Marrakesh to Essaouira:
- Tour departs daily from Marrakesh.
- This tour will depart at 8 am;
- We’ll be returned to your accommodation at 6:30 pm.
Timetable, for Your Day Trip from Marrakesh to Essaouira:
- 8 am: Your English-speaking driver will pick you up from your Marrakesh riad or Hotel.
- 11 am: We’ll arrive at Essaouira.
- 4 pm: We’ll begin our trip back to Marrakesh hotel;
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Morocco. That will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. Entry fees are not charged.
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
- Not camels, we’ve got plenty.
- You may want to bring a pack to help you carry extra snacks and your bottled water. And, of course, a camera to make amazing moments immortal.
Should you wish to cancel your trip please contact us as soon as possible and confirm your instructions in writing. In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund as follows:
- Free cancellation: for more than 21 days’ notice;
- 15% of the total amount: for between 11 and 20 days’ notice; and
- No refund for less than 10 days’ notice.
- No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once we have received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.