Day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate
Price per person
Many people simply don’t have the time to spend more than a day on the Morocco Sahara Desert. And for that, we created this one full day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate. As a result, you can get a taste of what the majestic desert has to offer. It’s a round trip of 400 km. For the most part, you’ll love traveling through the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass to cross the Atlas mountain. Interestingly, it has a range of altitude that peaks 2269 meters above sea level. The landscape is beyond amazing, and you’ll be in awe when you visit the Berber villages. As a rule, you have to bring a camera with you. And you’ll appreciate this “rule” once you arrive in Morocco. Especially after its amazing atmosphere hits you.
- 7 am: Our driver will you up from your hotel or Riad;
- 10 am: We’ll arrive at Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, where you’ll have ample time to explore the Berber village and the Kasbah;
- 12 noon: We’ll leave for Ouarzazate;
- 12:30 pm: We’ll arrive at Ouarzazate and enjoy a tour of the city;
- 1 pm: Time for a leisurely lunch;
- 2 pm: We’ll travel to Kasbah Taourirt and visit the nearby village;
- 3:30 pm Time to head back to Marrakesh;
- 7 pm: Your full day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou will be over when your driver delivers you back to your accommodation.
Star Wars was filmed here, and you will visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. Accordingly, it’s now a UNESCO World Heritage site. In Morocco, the buildings at the Kasbah are regarded as the most beautiful of its kind. they’re studded with fortified towers and decorated with geometrical motifs, interestingly, the village is currently inhabited by just five families. Morocco issued a restoration work program. In order to encourage re-population.
Midway through Ourzazate Day Trip
Then, on with our journey as we continue our tour to Ouarzazate, the beginning of the Sahara Desert. We’ll visit the former Glaoui residence in Taourirt Kasbah, located on the edge of town on the way to the Sahara Desert, one of the most beautiful kasbahs in Morocco happens to be this one. The public does have access to part of this fortified village which consists of luxury apartments in the form of a maze, with simple clay houses and fortified towers beautifully decorated with geometric motifs. We’ll enjoy a cup of coffee or perhaps a cup of mint tea, then head on back to Marrakesh via the Atlas Mountains.
Your day trip from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou will be over when your guide delivers you back to your hotel, or the city center, whichever you prefer. Please note that your day trip includes a 5-hour drive, each way, on winding roads.
Good to know
Fact Sheet for the Marrakesh to Ouarzazate Day Trip :
- This day trip operates daily;
- Pick up time is 7 am from your hotel or riad;
- Return time from your day tour will be 7 pm at the latest.
What to expect on your tour:
- Our experienced English-speaking guide will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakesh;
- You’ll travel in our modern air-conditioned minibus with no more than 6 passengers;
- You’ll be delivered back to the city center in Marrakesh or to your hotel.
What not to expect on your tour:
- Kasbah Taourirt entrance fee of 2,00 € pp, to be paid at the Kasbah;
- Optional local guide at Kasbah Air Ben Haddou.
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Morocco. That will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. Entry fees are not charged.
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
- Not camels, we’ve got plenty.
- You may want to bring a pack to help you carry extra snacks and your bottled water. And, of course, a camera to make amazing moments immortal.
If you are to cancel your tour, your cancellation request must be written, either via fax or email.
In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund. A standard fee will apply, as it is clearly outlined on your receipt, and Signature Morocco must receive your original voucher before your refund applies.
The following scale of charges will be applied if you cancel your tour prior to the balance due date:
- More than 40 days : 10% deposit retains + transaction fee.
- More than 30 days: 25% of the total will be charged.
- More than 15 days: 50% of the total will be charged.
- More than 08 days: 75% of the total will be charged.
- 7 days or less : 100% of the total will be charged.
No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once Signature Morocco has received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.