Private Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour
Price per person
Over the years, our 3 days desert tour from Marrakech has become extremely popular, perhaps because this trip provides the opportunity to discover and learn about the real deal: the Morocco Sahara Desert with its stunning oases, its unbelievable sand dunes, it’s Kasbah and its rocky deserts. And that’s not all! You’ll enjoy camel trekking in the sand dunes and an overnight sleepover in our private Sahara Desert camp, nestled in a hideaway somewhere in the sand dunes.
- Leaving Marrakesh, we’ll travel through the High Atlas Mountains via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass;
- We’ll visit the Berber village of Ait Ben Haddou, renowned for providing the backdrop for the famous HBO series Game of Thrones and also serving as the location for many blockbuster movies, like Gladiator.
- Explore the countryside as we pass through Ouarzazate in Rose Valley, world famous for its annual Festival of Roses, and we’ll travel through Todra and Dades Valleys;
- Witness a glorious desert sunrise and sunset as we take a camel trek together;
- Experience an overnight sleepover in Berber bivouacs, and enjoy a delicious meal whilst listening to traditional music played by local nomads;
- Towards the end of our trip, we’ll visit a Kasbah and Atlas Film Studios, located in the city of Ouarzazate.
- Spend the night under Berber bivouacs with traditional music from local nomads.
- Visit Atlas Film Studios and a Kasbah (fortress) located in the city of Ouarzazate.
This Private 3 days desert tour from Marrakech of a lifetime from Marrakesh to Merzouga will start in the early hours of the morning. We’ll leave Marrakesh at 7:30 am and travel via Tizi-n-Tichka Pass through the High Atlas Mountains. So, stopping along the way becomes a necessity. We know you’ll be fascinated by the UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddow, the scene of many Hollywood blockbuster movies, and we’ll visit Kasbah Taourirt, then carry on to Ourzazate. We’ll continue on through the Valley of Roses to Boumalne Dades, and arrive at our boutique guest house in Dade’s Valley. You’ll have an enjoyable evening meal and comfortable overnight accommodation, prior to departing for day two of our desert tour.
First, you’ll have a delicious breakfast and subsequently, continue on with our journey to Tinghir. Via the 1001 Kasbah road. Here, you’ll enjoy a leisurely stroll along the bank of the Todgha River. We’ll call into Berber villages and Ksours, and complete our trek admiring the magnificent cliffs of Todgha Gorge. After a leisurely lunch in the gorge, we’ll head off to Merzouga. At Erg Chebbi we’ll meet with our camel caravan where the road ends. You will begin your camel trek over the sand dunes. And experience what we believe to be a soul cleansing experience. We’ll then return to our Sahara Desert camp to rest.
Moreover, you’ll dine as guests, as opposed to clients. In addition, Your Moroccan dinner will be served next to the campfire while local nomads entertain you with the music of their drums. Shooting stars and a crystal-clear constellation will complete a picture-perfect day.
You’ll enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at our secluded Sahara Desert camp, and start planning for day three of our Sahara Desert tour.
On our return trip to Marrakech, we’ll travel via Dade’s Valley in Ouarzazate where we’ll enjoy a leisurely lunch. After that, you will continue with your tour. Before going back to Marrakesh, and because you’re with us, you will have another chance to admire the gorgeous Tizi-n-Tichka Pass.
Finally, Your 3-day desert tour from Marrakesh to Merzouga will be over after your driver takes you to your hotel or riad.
Good to know
- You’ll travel in the comfort of our modern air-conditioned van or 4×4, which will be driven by our knowledgeable English-speaking guide;
- Your tour driver will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakesh;
- The first night of your 3 days desert tour from Marrakech will be spent at the Hotel Babylon or Auberge Panorama. You will have a private air-conditioned ensuite room, and your tour comes complete with dinner and breakfast;
- Camel trekking in the sunset in Erg Chebbi is also included in your tour;
- You’ll enjoy a private tent with shared bathroom during your overnight stay at our Sahara Desert camp in the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. In the morning you’ll enjoy warm showers at the camp operator’s lodge. Please note that your evening meal and breakfast are included in your tour. You may choose to upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite at an additional cost of €70 per person, and this should be done at the time of booking your tour;
- You’ll experience a sunset camel ride;
- On the completion of your tour, your driver will drop you off at your riad or Marrakesh hotel, or alternatively at the closest accessible location.
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Morocco. That will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. Entry fees are not charged.
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
- Not camels, we’ve got plenty.
- You may want to bring a pack to help you carry extra snacks and your bottled water. And, of course, a camera to make amazing moments immortal.
If you are to cancel your tour, your cancellation request must be written, either via fax or email.
In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund. A standard fee will apply, as it is clearly outlined on your receipt, and Signature Morocco must receive your original voucher before your refund applies.
The following scale of charges will be applied if you cancel your tour prior to the balance due date:
- More than 40 days : 10% deposit retains + transaction fee.
- More than 30 days: 25% of the total will be charged.
- More than 15 days: 50% of the total will be charged.
- More than 08 days: 75% of the total will be charged.
- 7 days or less : 100% of the total will be charged.
No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once Signature Morocco has received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.