Marrakech desert tours 2 days
Price per person
If time is of the essence and you yearn to explore the Sahara Desert, then this 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora will give you the perfect opportunity to glimpse just a little of the Morocco Sahara Desert for yourself. You must be thinking that you’ll spend quite some time driving. Indeed, there will be some traveling to do (7-hours each way). However, it will definitely be worthwhile. Besides, Morocco is known for being home to hauntingly beautiful landscapes. So, we’re sure that you’re going to enjoy your stay.
Trekking across the desert.
The scenery is unbelievable. As a result, you wouldn’t want to leave. We’ll go trekking together across the desert on camels and we’ll spend an unforgettable night under the stars at our secluded Sahara Desert camp. In addition, you will have the opportunity to taste mouth-watering Moroccan food.
- Our 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora will begin as we travel via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass through the High Atlas Mountains;
- Sharing the experience of visiting Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, the fortified village also known as a “ksar” with its simply amazing Kasbahs. This ksar has been used by movie producers as a backdrop for many blockbuster epics since the 1960s.
- Now we’ll continue our journey on to the Draa Valley, and you’ll be wowed by the extraordinary scenery of beautiful oases and thousands of palm trees;
- Time to go camel trekking! For many people, this part of the trip is the highlight of their whole tour as they ride a camel through the Sahara Desert;
- You’ll be spending the night at our secluded, authentic Sahara Desert camp;
- You’ll sleep underneath the starry night sky, and wake up wondering if you’re dreaming!
- Together we’ll journey to the Berber town of Ouarzazate and we’ll explore the magnificently restored Taourirt Kasbah.
Your experienced local tour guide will pick you up from your Marrakesh hotel or riad at 7.30am in the morning. After that, you should be ready to begin your 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora, via the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass.
We’ll pass through many Berber villages on the way, and we’ll enjoy a visit to Kasbah Air Ben Haddou, a World Heritage-listed site which has been used as a backdrop for various Hollywood blockbuster movies such as Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator.
Have a great time in Ouarzazate.
We’ll stop for a leisurely lunch in Ouarzazate, then carry on with our tour past the Anti-Atlas Mountains and visit the Berber village of Agdez. Then we’ll also travel through Draa Valley and marvel at the thousands of Date Palms offering their welcome shade.
Enjoy camel trek over the sand dunes.
In the afternoon we’ll enjoy a camel trek together over the sand dunes. Subsequently, you will experience the most spectacular sunset of your life. After that, you will hop back on a camel. And head to our secluded Sahara Desert camp. There, You’ll enjoy a delicious Moroccan dinner while being entertained by local nomads, serenading us with their drums.
We’ll enjoy a wonderful evening of fun and entertainment together under the clear, starry sky.
First, a leisurely and memorable Moroccan breakfast. Then, you will enjoy another camel ride to experience sunrise over the sand dunes of Zagora. We’ll depart for Ouarzazate where we’ll visit Tifoultout Kasbah and rest for lunch. In the afternoon we’ll begin our journey back to Marrakesh.
Finally, your 2 days desert tour from Marrakech will be over when your guide takes you back to your hotel or riad in Marrakesh.
Good to know
What’s Included in Your Tour:
- Your experienced, English-speaking guide will pick you up from your hotel or riad in Marrakech in our modern air-conditioned van or 4×4;
- Taking time with trekking over the sand dunes on the back of a camel to experience a magnificent sunset;
- Living a great adventure when you stay at our secluded Sahara Desert camp in Zagora will be in a private tent, at our secluded Sahara Desert camp in Zagora will be in a private tent, with shared showers and bathrooms.
- Please note that your evening meal and breakfast are included in this tour. If you prefer to upgrade to a deluxe camp with a private ensuite, an additional cost of €59 per person will apply. This request should be made at the time of booking your tour.
- Camel ride across the desert to witness a glorious sunrise included ;
- Our driver will deliver you back to your hotel in Marrakech, or alternatively, to the closest accessible location to your riad in Marrakech.
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Morocco. That will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. Entry fees are not charged.
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
- Not camels, we’ve got plenty.
- You may want to bring a pack to help you carry extra snacks and your bottled water. And, of course, a camera to make amazing moments immortal.
If you are to cancel your tour, your cancellation request must be written, either via fax or email.
In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund. A standard fee will apply, as it is clearly outlined on your receipt, and Signature Morocco must receive your original voucher before your refund applies.
The following scale of charges will be applied if you cancel your tour prior to the balance due date:
- More than 40 days : 10% deposit retains + transaction fee.
- More than 30 days: 25% of the total will be charged.
- More than 15 days: 50% of the total will be charged.
- More than 08 days: 75% of the total will be charged.
- 7 days or less : 100% of the total will be charged.
No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once Signature Morocco has received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.