marrakech camel ride in the palmeraie
DEPARTING FROM MARRAKESH: HALF-DAY TRIP TO RIDE CAMELS AT THE PALM GROVE:
Imagine visiting Marrakesh and not getting to ride a camel! Camels are unique and amazing animals, the obvious choice for riding through the Moroccan desert. Spending a half day on a camel trek is not only the perfect introduction to Morocco, it’s also an opportunity to experience a traditional mode of transport in Morocco.
If you need a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, why not complete your trip to Marrakesh by taking a camel ride? Adults and children alike love camel riding: riding these beautiful and gentle animals will take you back to the good old days when camel trekking was the main form of transportation in this region.
This is a half-day trip and it’s up to you to decide whether you prefer a morning or afternoon tour. Children under the age of eight years will typically ride with an adult. Your English-speaking driver will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakesh and take you to meet with your camel caravan in Palmeraie.
Here, you can take your time getting to know the camels and take some photographs before selecting a camel to enjoy an hour-and-a-half trek under the shade of the palm grove. During a break, you’ll be served a cup of traditional mint tea in a Bedouin tent. Your camel ride excursion from Marrakesh will be over when your driver drops you off at your Riad or hotel.
Fact Sheet on Your Camel Trekking Excursion from Marrakesh:
- This half-day excursion operates daily.
- Excursion times are either 9am to 12 noon, or 2pm to 5pm.
Timetable for Marrakesh Camel Ride in the Palmeraie:
- 9.30am (or 2.30pm): Your English-speaking driver will pick you up from your riad or hotel in Marrakesh.
- 10am (or 3pm): We’ll arrive at the starting point for your camel trekking adventure. You’ll have ample time to take pictures and be briefed on safety rules.
- 10:15am(or 3:15pm): Your Marrakesh camel trek will begin.
- 11:45am (or 4:45pm): Your trek will finish, and you’ll return to the camel’s base
- 12 noon (or 5pm): We’ll head back to your riad or hotel in Marrakesh.
- 12.30pm (or 5.30pm): Your half day camel trek from Marrakesh will be over.
What’s Included in Your Half-Day Camel Ride from Marrakesh:
- You’ll be picked up from your riad or hotel in Marrakesh and taken to the Palmeraie
- Camel ride trek
- You’ll be returned to your accommodation.